Chassis technology is responsible for a vehicle’s overall performance in terms of dynamics, safety, and fuel efficiency—in short, a key contributor to a vehicle’s competitive performance. Furthermore, through the use of advanced materials, it has a significant role to play in reducing carbon dioxide output.
IHS Automotive’s Chassis Service provides insight, context, data, and analytics for the key chassis components—braking, steering, suspension, and tires.
Users can quickly access key insights from market developments, put context around events and technology trends, dive into deep data and forecasts, and seamlessly drive analytics to support their most challenging decisions.
- Brake actuation systems and supply chain
- Brake friction materials
- Damper systems and actuation
- Steering system
- Tire technology
Planners and strategists use the service to
- Assess and forecast new chassis technologies
- Analyze the competition
- Understand OEMs’ purchasing strategies
- Evaluate customers’ technology adoption paths
The Chassis Service is part of a suite of vehicle contenting services. Delivered through SupplierInsight, an IHS Automotive strategy and planning solution, the service provides a view into current automotive trends and future demand through
- Sector news and analysis
- Topical reports
- Supplier profiles
- Who Supplies Whom Survey database
- Access to analyst and webinars
- Model-level forecasts, technology fitment, and supplier relationships (optional add-on)