A vehicle’s interior is a combination of style, comfort, safety, and usability. The types and quality of material, the functionality, and the aesthetic all play a part in the desirability and consumer satisfaction of the vehicle. Furthermore, emission compliance is driving the use of lighter materials to reduce mass, and a focus on sustainability is driving the use of more natural materials.
The IHS Automotive Interior Comfort and Passive Safety Service provides insight, context, data, and analytics for the key systems that make up a vehicle’s interior and for how materials and functionality are changing to meet consumer demand and emission compliance.
Users can quickly access key insights from market developments, put context around events and technological trends, dive into deep data and forecasts, and seamlessly drive analytics to support their most challenging decisions.
- Passive safety sy
stems and subsystems (e.g., airbag modules)
- Decorative and interior finish (e.g., door-trim panels, seat materials)
- Cockpit and seat
Planners and strategists use the service to
- Assess and forecast new technology growth
- Analyze the competition
- Understand OEMs’ purchasing strategies
- Evaluate customers’ supply base
The Interior Comfort & Passive Safety Service is part of a suite of vehicle contenting
services. Delivered through SupplierInsight, an IHS Automotive strategy and planning
solution, the service provides a view into current automotive trends and future
- Sector news and analysis
- Topical reports
- Supplier profiles
- Who Supplies Whom Survey database
- Access to analyst and webinars
- Model-level forecasts, technology fitment, and supplier relationships (optional add-on)