The connected car as a concept is changing the automotive market. The infotainment system is at the heart of future mobility, providing a link between the car, the driver, and the driver’s connected life. Where the engine and styling were king, in the future, the infotainment system and the services it supports will reign supreme.
The IHS Automotive Infotainment Service provides insight, context, data, and analytics for the rapidly growing and evolving automotive infotainment market.
Users can quickly access key insights from market developments, put context around events and technological trends, dive into deep data and forecasts, and seamlessly drive analytics to support their most challenging decisions.
- Infotainment technologies: head unit systems, telematics, acoustics
- Specifications: head unit type, storage technology type, number of speakers, wattage, active noise cancellation, connection type, connection bandwidth, Wi-Fi
- Topics: premium audio, connectivity, business models, navigation and display audio, in-vehicle wireless device charging
Planners and strategists use the service to
- Assess and forecast new technology growth
- Analyze the competition
- Understand customers’ purchasing strategies
- Evaluate customers’ technology adoption paths
The Infotainment Service is part of a suite of vehicle contenting services. Delivered through SupplierInsight, an IHS Automotive strategy and planning solution, the service provides a view into current automotive trends and future demand through
- Sector news and analysis
- Topical reports
- Supplier profiles
- Who Supplies Whom Survey database
- Access to analyst and webinars
- Model-level forecasts, technology fitment, and supplier relationships (optional add-on)