The user experience is now the point for differentiation among automakers. As technology is democratized, the design and implementation of infotainment, safety, and comfort systems become paramount. Designing the proper human-machine interface (HMI) platform and using cuttingedge displays, speech recognition, and other interfaces will not only be the key to increased sales but also for future customer loyalty.
Formerly called the HMI/Usability Portal, the IHS Automotive User Interface & Experience (UI/UX) Service provides insight, context, data, and analytics for the HMI and user-experience technologies and best practices in HMI design and implementation.
Clients can quickly access key insights from market developments, put context around events and technological innovations, dive into deep data and forecasts, and seamlessly drive analytics to support their most challenging decisions.
- Display systems: instrument cluster display, center stack display, head-up display
- Other HMI outputs: haptics, augmented reality, emerging display applications
- HMI inputs: speech, touch screens, touchpads, controllers, hard keys, gesture & proximity
- Usability insights: late-model vehicles evaluated for infotainment system usability
- Topics: automotive user interfaces, HMI trends, usability reviews, emerging display applications
Planners and strategists use the service to
- Understand best-in-class implementations of infotainment services
- See why some HMIs are better than others
- Learn about the challenges of implementing voice recognition
- See how new HMIs are beginning to mimic tables and smartphones
- Avoid common mistakes before it is too late
The User Interface & Experience (UI/UX) Service is part of a suite of vehicle contenting services. Delivered through SupplierInsight, an IHS Automotive strategy and planning solution, the service provides a view into current automotive trends and future demand through
- Sector news and analysis
- Topical reports
- Supplier profiles
- Who Supplies Whom Survey database
- Access to analyst and webinars
- Model-level forecasts, technology fitment, and supplier relationships (optional add-on)